My next homework exercise: My favourite form of transport
Have fun with it!
The trains are a miracle!
I like the trains. And I think this is because I am an engineer. We engineers have an other types of brain. We love the difficult machines. This was in childhood every boy. Just it changes in time or not. And who don’t they will be the engineers.
I see the little boys when looks a train. They can’t take your eyes on this. I don’t know why is this love, just it is. So I think the trains are a miracle things.
Because these are very changeable. They could be goods trains and passenger trains. The engines could be steam locomotive, diesel engine, electric locomotive or maglev. The carriages could be antique passenger or new. The wagons could transport grain, oil, animals, any kind of foods, building materials, constructions debris, large objects for example airplane components or even a whole house. There are dinkey which could be tram-road, children dinkey, forest railway. The trains could be slow or very fast. The slowest forest train usually can go 30-35 km/h, the fastest maglev can go 518 km/h which name is JR-Maglev MLX01. And we can find they everywhere the mainland from the lowest valley to the highest mountains. For example the Joungfrau railway has the highest railway station in Europe. It is on 3454m. And we can find really short or very long rails from few kilometres to the Trans-Siberian Railway. Which is the longest railway in the world. The length is 9288 km.
And there are very famous routes or trains. I make mention just some:
- Arctic Circle Express: This rout is in Norway. We can see the longest fjord in the world. And when we travel summer, we can experienced the “Midnight Sun’s Land”.
- The Machu Picchu train: It is in Peru. It go through the Andes where we can see the vanished Inca civilization’s lost city the renowned Machu Picchu.
- The Orient Express: It plied from Paris to Istanbul in the golden ages, but now It ply from Strasburg to Vienna.
We Hungarians can be proud to some our engine (These real name is Werbelok. The name’s meaning “commercial engine”):
- Gold team locomotive: It made for the Gold team’s 58th
- GYSEV locomotive: It made for the GYSEV 140th birthday
- Sisi locomotive: It made for Elizabeth (Sisi) Hungarian Queen’s 175th anniversary
- Haydn locomotive: It made for Haydn’s 200th birthday
- Széchenyi locomotive: It made in Szechenyi memorial year (2010)
- Liszt locomotive: It made for Liszt Ferenc’s 199th anniversary
So I believe “The trains are a miracle!”